Wednesday, May 6, 2009

FAB: JON PETERS

FAB: JON PETERS
PHOTOGRAPHY
My work deals with topics I want to examine, and I have a background in political science, so they're usually politically motivated. My last series dealt with urban decay, and it's relationship with creativity. The work published in this book is more esthetic than anything else, but I've always got something to say. This work is a mini-series called "Familiar Places" and I wanted to photograph familiar places in a way that makes them seem unfamiliar or alien. The common thread in all of this is that I'm always saying something. I always want to challenge people looking at my work to view things in a different way. I really value the relationship between artist and viewer. (Interview by Kait Kucy for Offbeat art book, release date TBA).

No comments: